QUETTA: The continuing kill-and-dump operations, rampant in Balochistan, have taken the life of another journalist.
The bullet-riddled body of Express News correspondent Razzaq Gul was found dumped in a deserted area near Turbat town in Kech district on Saturday morning.
According to journalist bodies based in Balochistan, this is the 17th journalist to have been killed in the province over the last three years.
Relatives of Gul said that he had been kidnapped near his house on Friday evening and had been missing since then. Gul’s body was found near Singani Sar close to the Old Civil Hospital in Turbat. Law enforcement agencies shifted the body to a hospital for an autopsy, where his brother identified him.
“The victim was shot in the head and chest, and his body bore marks of torture,” hospital sources said. The sources added that Gul was shot 15 times.
According to journalists of the Turbat Press Club, Gul had not mentioned that he was receiving death threats. However, citing security concerns, most journalists refused to comment on the killing.
Balochistan’s Acting Inspector General of Police Hussain Karar Khwaja has ordered an inquiry into the murder.
Meanwhile, Balochistan Union of Journalists (BUJ) announced a three-day mourning period.
Published in The Express Tribune.